Goals of the Counseling and Special Education Programs
The objectives of the counseling and special education programs at the University of Jordan are as follows:
1. Preparing quality teachers and specialists in the field of counseling and special education, who have high professional competence, and can provide quality education to their students, and are keen on continuing professional development, and use modern technology in their field.
2. Contributing with universities and public and private institutions to raise the level of educational programs provided for students with special needs.
3. Implementing continuous training programs for providers of special education in Jordan and other Arab countries to develop the level of scientific competence and improve their practical skills.
4. Provision of extension services, training and awareness to the families of children with disabilities and society in general for the prevention of disability and development of realistic attitudes towards persons with special needs.
5. Creating a learning environment for faculty members in the department to enable them to carry out scientific research and disseminate scientific literature and hold conferences and scientific seminars and lectures in different areas of special education.
6. Encouraging outstanding humanitarian work with persons with special needs and their families and be committed to the standards of professional practice and ethical conduct.
7. Community outreach and service, empowerment and partnerships with public and private community institutions to find solutions to problems in the field of special education and improve the quality of life for individuals with special needs and their families.